APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR 2022
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW
NEW FORMAT | Create your own School League
Following feedback from Schools in relation to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have taken the decision along with our partners SPAR to approach the SPAR FAI Primary School 5s Programme differently this year.
The programme will therefore take a new format for 2022. Our goal is to provide every child in 4th, 5th and 6th class in your School with the opportunity to participate in football in a fun and safe environment within your own School.
Under this new format, Schools are asked to run their own 5-a-side competitions for pupils, and the FAI will provide guidance documents on how to do this. You can also win some fantastic prizes for your School and REGISTRATION IS FREE.
The change of formatis intended to help avoid numerous Schools mixing at one venue and to alleviate challenges faced by Schools in relation to teacher availability to attend external events, while also giving the children the chance to play the beautiful game.
For Schools that have taken part in the programme before, we just wanted to remind you that there are no qualifier competitions this year, but don't worry, participating Schools could still win the chance to play at our Finals Day in Aviva Stadium, along with other great prizes, by following the steps below.
Follow these steps...
STEP 1 - Register your school
- Registration for the programme is now open. The closing date for receipt of entries will be Friday, March 4 at 5pm.
Early Bird Registration
- All schools registered on or before Friday, February 18 at 5pm will be automatically entered into a draw for the chance to win prizes for the School, including equipment and "money-can't-buy" prizes. Schools not registered by this date will not be entered into this prize draw.
STEP 2 – Follow the guide and run your in-school competition
- FAI will provide a guide to running a 5-a-side competition within your School. The guide will include competition rules and formats, along with other fun activities. Your School will be responsible for running it's own competition and deciding which format you use.
STEP 3 - Register your players and your competition format
- Once you've started your competition and figured out which pupils are playing, let us know on our feedback form. A digital form for this will be sent to all registered Schools in due course.
- All Schools that register their players and competition format on or before Friday, March 18 at 5pm will be automatically entered into a draw to win the opportunity for up to 8 players from your School to play as a team at Aviva Stadium. Schools that do not return the player and competition format data by this date will not be entered into this prize draw.
STEP 4 - Play football and have fun!
If you have any queries in relation to this programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org