The course is designed to assist coaches in the development of the player’s (aged 9-12 years) soccer specific and FUNdamental movement’s skills in game related functions, progressing into small sided games.
To provide coaches with the ability to:
- Identify stages in the development of young players at the Learn to Train phase
- Plan, organise and implement coaching sessions.
- Adapt activities to develop soccer specific skills in players in the Learn to Train phase.
- Reinforce and progress the player’s soccer specific and FUNdamental movement’s skills in game related functions, progressing into small sided games
- Plan, implement and review sessions in a fun, safe and friendly environment.
Open to Coaches who complete Kick Start 1 or the FAI Introductory certificate. Candidates will be 16 years or over. Candidates will be asked to abide by the Code of Ethics/Conduct in soccer and the Code of Ethics and Good Practice for children’s sport in Ireland.
Kick Start 2 is the second part of a two-part Introduction to Coaching programme within FAI’s Coach Education Scheme. Coaches who have not completed the Kick Start 1 or FAI Introductory Certificate will be requested to complete the Kick Start 1 before a certificate is issued.
17 contact hours – All courses are subject to a minimum of 20 participants enrolling with the course coordinator. If the required number of participants is not achieved prior to the course start date then the course may be cancelled / deferred. There are practical aspects of the course, therefore please bring appropriate attire.
No formal assessment required. Full attendance is compulsory to gain certification.
Kick Start 2 coach will receive an ‘FAIreland Introductory” certificate of attendance as part of the National Coaching Development Programme.
Course Fee (Learn to Train Phase)
The delivery of Coach Education Courses will be as noted below, based on price per person:
Mainstream Pice €75 per person
School Price €60 per person