The course is designed to assist coaches introduce goalkeeping techniques and skills and FUNdamental movement skills in a well-structured, stimulating and safe environment.
To provide coaches with the ability to:
- Identify stages in the development of young players at the FUNdamental, Learn to Train and Train to Train phases
- Plan, organise and implement a goalkeeping coaching sessions
- Adapt activities to develop goalkeeping specific skills for players in the FUNdamental, Learn to Train and Train to Train phases.
- Reinforce and progress the player’s goalkeeping specific and FUNdamental movement’s skills in game related functions, progressing into small sided games
- Plan, implement and review sessions in a fun, safe and friendly environment
Candidates must be 16 years or over. Candidates will be asked to abide by the Code of Ethics/Conduct in soccer and the Code of Ethics and Good Practice for children’s sport in Ireland.
FAI Goalkeeping Introduction Course is the first part the FAI’s Coach Education Scheme.
8 contact hours – All courses are subject to a minimum of 16 participants enrolling with the course coordinator. If the required number of participants is not achieved prior to the course start date then the course may be cancelled / deferred. There are practical aspects of the course, therefore please bring appropriate attire.
No formal assessment required. Full attendance is compulsory to gain certification.
FAIreland’s Goalkeeping Introductory coaches will receive an “FAIreland Goalkeeping Introductory” certificate of attendance.
Course Fee (Fundamental Phase)
The delivery of Coach Education Courses will be as noted below, based on price per person:
Mainstream Pice €45 per person
School Price €36 per person